Exam preparation course (IELTs and Cambridge FCE & CAE)
Our exam preparation courses will help you to achieve the results you need in the IELTS and Cambridge exams. In our courses you will:
- build towards the IELTS and Cambridge score you need to continue your studies abroad or help with your career development in Costa Rica
- be taught by a highly qualified and experienced specialist IELTS and Cambridge exams teacher
- develop all four language skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking
- improve your ability and confidence when using spoken and written English in a wide variety of situations
- learn through a variety of teaching techniques including pair and group work as well as class discussions
- become familiar with the format and requirements of all four parts of the IELTS and Cambridge tests.
- receive training in essential test-taking strategies and techniques
- practise on real IELTS or Cambridge test questions
- have a one-to-one meeting with your teacher at the end of each course to discuss your progress and areas for development, and also receive a BritEd certificate.
** Remember, BritEd is also an official Cambridge and IELTS test centre so you can also take the exam in our facilities.
How do I register for a course?
If you are a new BritEd student, you will need to take a placement test to find out which is the right course and level for you. You can take a placement test at BritEd in Pavas. We are open for placement testing from 9pm -6:30pm Monday to Friday. You can call us on 2220 0946, contact us through Facebook (BritEd Costa Rica) or just come and visit us and take a placement test!
Who should take an IELTS preparation class?
If you are planning on working or studying abroad then you will be asked to prove you level of English. All English-speaking countries accept IELTS results. IELTS can also be used in Costa Rica to officially show your level of English to current or potential employers
The Cambridge FCE and CAE tests prove your level of English to your current or future employers.