Do you want to become a qualified English Language Teacher? Take the Cambridge CELTA at BritEd Costa Rica.
Who is CELTA for?
- New teachers starting their career.
- First-language English speakers and non-first-language speakers.
- Teachers with some experience who want to develop their skills.
- Teachers who want to travel and teach English.
How can I take the CELTA course?
- Online (5 weeks) 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday – Costa Rican time (UTC -6:00).
- Face-to-face (4 weeks) – 9am-5pm
- Monday to Friday (currently on hold due to Covid 19 restrictions).
* The online CELTA content is basically the same as the face-to-face CELTA. Your certificate will be the same as courses delivered face-to-face.
Why take the CELTA course?
- CELTA is the most frequently sought after qualification for ESL/TEFL jobs worldwide.
- It is moderated by the University of Cambridge every time a course runs.
- Tutors are highly qualified, experienced teachers and trainers.
- It is recognised as a Level 5 Qualification by the British Curriculum Authority, following an authorised syllabus.
- The CELTA includes real-life teaching practice with actual English learners, in an authentic classroom environment.
How much does the CELTA course cost?
- online -$1400 (US dollar)
- face-to-face $1950 (US dollar)
- 7th June – 9th July 2021
- 9th August – 10th September 2021
What are the criteria for a CELTA trainee?
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You should have a near-native level of English – equivalent to IELTS 7.5 or a high C1 level. Please note – this level does not need to be on paper as your English will be assessed throughout the application process.
- Your education should be sufficient to apply for university – otherwise, life experience can be taken into account.
- You do not need a university degree.
- You must have the potential and desire to develop the necessary skills to become an effective teacher and to successfully complete the written assignments and teaching practice.
- Acceptance is at the discretion of the CELTA Main Course tutor.
How can I apply?
- Download our application form here and email your completed application to: email@example.com. We will contact you within 7 days of receiving your application.
- If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to an interview on Zoom.
- If you are accepted onto a course, this offer will be valid for 12 months.
- To secure your place, a deposit of $300 is required within 14 days of acceptance and the remaining balance to be paid no later than 5 weeks before your course begins.